SAUCY APPETIZERSPosted December 1 2018 by Saucy Fish Co.
How do you mark the start of the festive season? Get all your pals’ round, serve up some Saucy appetizers and crack open the gin (...with Wham! blasting for at least some portion of the evening).
‘Tis the season after all.
We’ll sort the appetizers, if you stock up on the G&T’s… salmon blini’s anyone?
○ 3x The Saucy Fish Co. Salmon fillets
○ 3 ounces of bread flour
○ 2.4 ounces of plain white flour
○ 1 tsp fast action yeast
○ 1 egg
○ 1 cup of milk
○ 0.8 ounces melted butter
○ Pinch of salt
○ Black pepper for seasoning
○ Olive Oil
1. Combine the bread flour, plain white flour, yeast and salt in a large mixing bowl. Lightly beat one egg, then make a well in the middle of the mixture and gently pour in the egg. Next, add the milk.
2. Whisk the egg and milk, combining with the flour until you are left with a batter. Cover with cling film and leave to stand for 30 – 60 minutes, to thicken.
3. Stir the batter once more then heat a tsp of olive oil in a large frying pan. Use a spoon to split the mixture and place it into the pan, in the shape of small pancakes. Cook for 1 to 3 minutes, then flip each and cook the other size until golden (approximately one more minute).
4. Transfer the cooked blinis onto a plate and continue to make until all of the batter has been used.
5. On each appetizer, place a small spoonful of your Lemon & Dill Mayo, before flaking a generous piece of salmon onto the top. Garnish with a grind of black pepper and a sprinkle of fresh dill.