FALL INSPIRATIONPosted October 5 2018 by Saucy Fish Co.
It’s very tempting to start shutting down in October. The colder weather makes staying in and watching Netflix appear to be the most attractive option. But why should we only spend part of the year doing interesting stuff?
Why not make October the month when you take up a new hobby and rage against the weather? C’mon, we dare ya!
Get on your feet
The Fall is a marvelous time to put on your walking shoes and start exploring the great US outdoors. There’s no feeling like the crunch of leaves under your feet and the wind in your face.
Release the inner artist
Ever fancied taking up painting? In the Fall you’ve got a rich tapestry of colors that will inspire every potential Monet. It’s not an expensive hobby to start and just think of all the cheap Christmas presents you could create (now, you’re interested, right?). Who cares if the final product looks like something created by a 5-year-old – you’ve just saved yourself a fortune.
Kick some butt
How about a few self-defense lessons to build up those confidence levels? You might never need to use your new skills but it’s good to have them in your pocket just in case.
Well why not? It’s a great skill to learn for dinner parties and, even if it goes wrong, at least you’ll be warm this Fall. If none of the above appeal, then how about learning a new recipe? Here’s one that uses Saucy’s Salmon to beat those darker night blues.
Simple Salmon curry: You will need (serves 4)
○ 2 x The Saucy Fish Co. frozen Salmon with Chili, Lime and Ginger Dressing
○ 5 oz plain yogurt
○ Lemon juice
○ 2 cloves finely cut garlic
○ ½ inch grated ginger grated and finely cut
○ 1 green chili finely cut
○ 1 oz tandoori powder
1. Blend the yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic, your Chilli, Lime and Ginger Dressing (defrosted) and tandoori powder in a food processor with some oil.
2. Preheat the oven 375°F and place in your salmon for 24 minutes. Once the salmon has fully defrosted (around 12 minutes), coat the fillet in the blended mixture and allow to cook through.
3. Serve with rice or the side of your choice.