SMOKED HADDOCK KEDGEREEPosted 6 July 2018 by Saucy Fish Co.
In need of a breakfast recipe, to cure your hangover and compliment a cuppa? We can sort you out, with this wholesome Smoked Haddock Kedgeree that is jam-packed with flavour! Yes, miracles really do happen and this Smoked Haddock kedgeree is about to save your life.
Recipe below... Serves 4
○ 4 Saucy Frozen Smoked Haddock fillets with Aged Cheddar and Chive Sauce
○ 10 ounces of basmati rice
○ 10 ounces of milk
○ 4 eggs
○ 1 large onion
○ 1 tsp ground turmeric
○ 2 bay leaves
○ 1 chili, cut into fine slices
○ 1.7 ounces of peas
○ Handful torn up cilantro
○ Vegetable oil
What you need to do:
1. Heat oil in a large pan and add the onion, frying for 5 mins. Add the turmeric and bay leaves, and fry for a further 2 mins.
2. Add rice and 10 ounces of water to the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cover for 10 mins. Add in peas, and cook for a further 2 mins.
3. Meanwhile, put the Smoked Haddock in the oven for 25 mins. Once cooked, remove from the oven and place in a large frying pan with bay leaves. Cover with the milk, and poach for 10 mins. Remove the haddock fillets from milk and cut into small pieces.
4. Bring a pan of water to the boil and add in the four eggs, then reduce to a simmer for 5 mins. Cool by plunging into cold water
5. Heat your Cheddar and Chive sauce in a pan of boiling water. Meanwhile, peel the boiled eggs and cut into quarters. Combine the fish, eggs, rice and peas together. Add the sliced chili and drizzle the cheddar and chive sauce over the top. Sprinkle a little cilantro before serving.