DON'T KALE MY VIBEPosted January 7 2019 by Saucy Fish Co.
It’s just so easy to keep eating chips, chocolate and cheese…even though Christmas is over, and let’s face it our jeans are starting to feel a bit tight. Yes, we know there’s still a few chocolates lying around, but January is the perfect time to kickstart the healthy eating and focus on vegetables (remember them?!) and all the goodness they have to offer.
Yes, we know that veggies are boring. We have to agree a little bit, but we have found a new way to enjoy them. Now in case you missed it, kale has been branded a superfood and has been the vegetable of the moment for pretty much all of 2018 and it’s still in the limelight for 2019.
Not ready to let go of the crisps just yet? Don’t worry, we got you. Veggie crisps will still satisfy your snack craving but are kinder on the waistline. Deliciously moreish and still go with your favorite dip – what’s not to love?!
Sea salt and spiced kale crisps
For the crisps:
○ 7 ounces of curly kale, stems removed
○ ½ tsp of olive oil
○ Sea salt
1. Preheat your oven to 284°F
2. Tear your kale into bite size pieces, before tossing with the olive oil
3. Spread the pieces out across two baking trays, ensuring none of the pieces of touching
4. Cook for 15 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 15 minutes until crispy
5. Season one tray with salt and the other with paprika
6. Mix both trays together in a bowl and pair with your favorite dip (we love a good sour cream and chive here at Saucy HQ...)