SPAGHETTI ALLE VONGOLEPosted 2 August 2018 by Saucy Fish Co.
In the spirit of summer holidays, we thought a fresh and light Italian Classic would be the perfect dish for al fresco dining, Saucy style!
The Italian classic, Spaghetti alle Vongole is a simple, classic seafood dish that is ideal for hot summer days, if you can’t make it to Palermo this year.
What you’ll need
○ 17 oz of small clams
○ 12 oz spaghetti (dried)
○ 3 fat cloves of garlic, finely chopped
○ 1 oz butter
○ 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
○ 1 red chili, finely chopped
○ ½ cup of dry white wine
○ 2 oz of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
○ Zest of ½ a lemon, plus juice
1. Wash the clams in lots of cold water, scrubbing if required, and then set aside in a bowl with cold salted water. Drain and rinse well.
2. Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions, reducing the cooking time slightly so the pasta remains slightly firm.
3. Add the butter and olive oil in a large pan. Add the finely chopped garlic and cook under a medium heat, careful to make sure the garlic doesn’t burn.
4. Add the drained clams to the pan, and turn up the heat. Quickly add the wine, cover and leave for a few minutes until they have opened. Be sure to discard any that are still closed.
5. Drain the spaghetti and add to the pan. Mix well and allow to cook for a further minute.
6. Stir in the chopped parsley, lemon zest and juice, season to taste and serve.