SAUCY TIP OF THE MONTH: SELF-CAREPosted 12 January 2018 by Saucy Fish Co.
Self-care is the hot new thing in town. We see the word everywhere from TV ads to yoga classes… they’re shouting it from the rooftops!
But what does this buzzword mean to you? That’s right, it’s all about finding some YOU time, and caring for…yourself! Now that sounds real easy, however sometimes among work, family and everyday stress – you can forget to make time for #1.
So, where to begin? Food can be a great place to start. We all know that what you put in your bod affects your body and mind. So here’s a quick, nutritious recipe that will always soothe your mind and thrill your taste-buds. Because anyone who says health food is dull hasn’t met our fishy friends!
For the salmon:
○ The Saucy Fish Co. Salmon with Chili, Lime and Ginger Dressing
The the zoodle bowl:
○ 1 medium zucchini, spiralized
○ 1 ripe avocado
○ 2 cloves garlic
○ ¼ cup pine nuts
○ 1 tbsp lemon juice
○ 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Pop your Saucy Fish in the oven.
2. Put your feet up for 15 minutes.
3. In a blender, blend the avocado, garlic pine nuts and lemon juice.
4. Heat olive oil in a pan, and heat the zucchini through for approx. 2 minutes or until tender.
5. Toss the zucchini in a bowl with the avo mixture, and then serve – topped with your mouthwatering salmon.
6. Find an episode of your fave show or a feel-good flick, and settle in.